Thursday, August 23, 2012

8/23/2012 Totally Boring Day!!!

It was slow at the marina today for both our shifts. I just sat around near the ramp and took rides for litter pick up to help pass the time. Litter, mostly being cigarette butts. It amazes me that people will use the earth as their ash tray. I used to be a smoker and I can’t say that I never threw a butt down or out the window when driving but for the most part that is something I didn’t do. I was taught how to field strip a cigarette during basic training in the Army and it was a practice that I kept up in civilian life if I couldn’t find a butt can or trash receptacle. I always had to check our pockets for filters when it came wash day.


I was suppose to spend the afternoon with my friend Elaine on the beach but her errands kept her busier than she anticipated and the day wasn’t the sunny, warm day predicted. We’ll try again tomorrow.


Bob cooked the clams up after his marina shift was over and they were put into the freezer for future use. The seagulls were hanging around in hopes he would throw them some. No such luck!


Thanks to Mike U. for telling me the chainsaw figures I couldn't think of the name for a few posts ago are Tiki gods. That term will work. Another anonymous commenter suggested they were totems or fetishes. I think totems would also work.



No comments: