Tuesday, August 28, 2012

8/28/2012 We Finally Met!

(Bethany Beach & Fenwick Island)


I have a friend that I’ve been emailing with, talking on the phone with, she follows my blog, I helped her set up hers and gave her lots of hints on traveling in an RV but we had never met. Her husband Tom and I were in the same National Guard unit for a short while and Bob had met him several times through the Guard.


Bob and I met up with Tom and Tracy D., Francis (Zabby) and Dee Z., Mickey and Cindy M. at the National Guard’s Bethany Beach Training Camp in the FamCamp at Tom & Tracy’s site. After three years of corresponding we finally got to meet. Hugs and handshakes all around we all settled in for a little gabfest before going out to dinner.


Smitty McGee’s was their restaurant of choice.


I knew what I was having before we even got out of the truck.


Drink orders placed it was time to start reading through the extensive menu. (Tom, Mickey and Bob)


IMG_2888


Dee and Zabby


IMG_2890


,,,,,and finally my friend Tracy.


IMG_2891


I have everyone pictured here except Cindy. I took her picture but it wasn’t a flattering picture and I try very hard not publish unflattering pics of my friends. After all, I want them to stay my friends.


Well, we ate and talked and ate and talked and laughed and ate and talked some more. When we were just the last ones in the place practically we moved our little party back to Tom & Tracy’s place.


We talked until the mosquitos just got too bad to stay out anymore.


We thoroughly enjoyed our evening with these friends.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

It was soooo good to meet you too Snookie. Tommy and I enjoyed ourselves so much. Good people always makes for a good time. And we had an especially good time!

I have to say you are a sneaky one. I was expecting you to click, click, click away with your camera. I saw you snap a few but never saw you snap one of me. So I was shocked to see me in the blog. And I was sitting right next to you!

Wish we could have connected again before we left the beach, unfortunately, time flew by.
Call us if you come up north as we would love to see you again before Hitch Itch hits and you travel on to another fun adventure.
Tracy