Thursday, August 2, 2012

8/2/2012 It’s Back To Work

(Rehoboth Beach, DE)


Back to work. Back to the grind. Oh who am I kidding?


The marina was pretty busy this morning which was a pretty big surprise to me. I wasn’t slammed by any means but it was steady, which is good.


Shortly after I got home ,and Bob took off for the marina, our friend Billy showed up. He’ll be staying with us for two days because its time for the tuna fishing trip that was re-scheduled from July.


We sat around and talked for awhile and then decided to get some errands ran. We had lunch stuff to buy for tomorrow, beer to buy for tomorrow, the ATM machine had to be tapped, so Billy and I took off heading south.


He is so easy to grocery shop with! He didn’t throw yucky things like kipper and sardines into my cart! He just quietly pushed the cart and followed me up and down the aisles. The best part? I didn’t spend 20% more because he was with me! YAY for shopping with men you aren’t married to!


When we went to the liquor store to get the beer, you guessed it, he went into the walk-in cooler and carried out that heavy case of 30 Bud Lights. You go Billy!


The run to the ATM machine? He was driving so I gave him my card and told him what the PIN number was. He never once asked why was I taking the amount of money I was taking out of the account. He didn’t ask what the balance was. Nothing. Nada. Jeannie, I think I’m in love with your husband! Can I have him? Oh, wait, on second thought….


Returning home I got their lunches made for the fishing trip. Four ham and cheese sandwiches on small rolls , apiece. A baggie full of cubed cheese for each. Pickle spears in case that queasy feeling hits. A Tastykake apple pie and baggies filled with Cheese-its. Beer was iced down and everything was ready for them.


Dinner. What to do for dinner. One of the guys mentioned something about going out and I jumped up and exclaimed, “That’s a great idea!” Now, where to go? No one could specifically say, “I want Italian” or “I want Chinese” so Bob suggested Smitty Mcgee’s down in Fenwick Island.


Hey, somebody else was cooking, somebody else was cleaning up, somebody else was buying. I knew this already because Billy told me earlier that he insisted he treat Bob and I since we had him stay with us. This whole scenario certainly worked for me!


So off to Smitty McGee’s we go. I got very adventurous with my choice for dinner. I feel like I should almost preface this with a drum roll…. I didn’t have a hamburger! It’s true, it isn’t that they don’t serve them, I just wasn’t interested. Instead I had a Hawaiian Ciabatta. Now imagine this….very thinly sliced boiled ham, stacked about a quarter inch thick or so, caramelized pineapple rings, fried onions, bacon, melted cheese, I chose provolone, honey BBQ sauce on a ciabatta roll and its all baked until the cheese melts. I’m talkin’ to die for! I must have sighed with every bite because Bob asked for a bite and agreed, hmmm, hmmm, good! We will be going to back for sure! I couldn’t tell you what the guys had, I could only focus on mine. It was that good!


Back at the house, the guys settled in for a early night because they had to get up at 3 a.m. to go fishing. I can’t even imagine!


The weather report is good, I’m going to cover both shifts, so I sent them off with have a good time, catch a big one, don’t forget to take your seasick pills and whatever you do,,,,don’t wake me up at three in the morning.



No comments: