Wednesday, August 8, 2012

8/5-8/8/2012 Days Off and Nothing To Do

These four days off we really didn’t do much. Actually, Bob went to the marina on Sunday morning because it was thought that it would be very busy because of the White Marlin Tourney going on. That wasn’t the case, the ramp lot was never filled.


We’ve spent a lot of time online shopping for a new RV. We’ve narrowed it down between two that seem to have everything we want and more. Of course, we had it narrowed down a few weeks ago also but then found a few more dealers for the make and model we’re looking for. But I really think this is it this time. We have to stop somewhere and we’re satisfied with what we’ve found. We’ve started an email to the dealer with questions and its been returned with answers and sent back out with questions we didn’t ask the first time and now the negotiations are getting started. Of course they first number they throw out and where we have to be are world’s apart. This is where the dance begins. I think Bob really enjoys this part. Me? Not so much. I don’t like this back and forth, it gets too involved and too intense for me and why, oh why, can’t they talk about the numbers in a way I can understand? I swear its doublespeak and I just don’t get it. I don’t like the game playing, just give me your very bottom line and if it falls within my comfort zone we’ll strike a deal. That’s the way it goes in a perfect world, I know. I know that the dealership has to get as much out of us as they possibly can and we want to pay them the least amount that we possibly can. I would rather much I send an email and say, “This is what I’m comfortable paying you” and they reply, “Hey Snookie, that’s great, we’ve got a deal!”


I had some questions about the Shark! post that I made a few days ago. I’d like to take the time to answer them now. No, we didn’t keep the sharks and there’s a very good reason for that. Those sharks were of the Thresher family and they are on the endangered list. We heard recently that the Fish and Wildlife people were out on the water checking to make sure that fish that were on board the boats were of legal size and that no one went over their limit for a particular species. It seems one fisherman caught a thresher shark, didn’t know what it was and kept it anyway. He got slapped with a $2500 fine.


SamB! Welcome, we hope you enjoy the journey. Sam started reading this blog from the beginning and finally caught up to present day on the August 1st post. How long did it take you and how did you find us Sam? Have you signed on as a Frequent Reader yet?


Hitch itch is starting to set in. It’s not real bad yet but we’re starting to think of what stops we’re going to be making if we have to make a detour to Tennessee to pick up a new rig, will we stay in private campgrounds, state parks or hit military bases all the way south. Will we set the wheels in motion and beeline to Key West or take our time? Everything will be determined on how well our negotiations go at this point.



1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Have negotiations been finalized?