Monday, March 5, 2007

3/2 thru 3/4 Mother Nature is a Tease!

Mother Nature is up to her tricks. She gave us delightful weather and then brought in the rain and cold to tease us.

It was chilly Saturday and not the kind of day to spend at the pool so we both ended up spending time getting haircuts, doing grocery shopping and running a few other errands. Sunday was just plain miserable. Rain, wind, cold,,,,the kind that chills you to the bone.

Bob spent part of the afternoon playing online Texas Hold Em' and I visited with Nancy and Lenny from Connecticut who live four doors down.

Nancy had just taken oatmeal raisin cookies out of the oven so I enjoyed my visit very much! Cookie baking is not something I've attempted as yet. You see, I'm afraid of my oven. There, I've said it. One has to light the oven, it just doesn't turn on like the one I'm use to. That WHOOSH noise it makes when it ignites just scares the crap out of me! I knew this going in so I had the forethought to purchase a toaster oven before we left. Unfortunately the directions are written for a rocket scientist and I'm still cooking everything in the preheat mode. Brownies take 4 preheating cycles to bake.

After dinner we settled in for an evening of television. We went to bed in anticipation of a sunny Monday morning and warmer temps.