Friday, March 9, 2007

3/7/07 Fishing, Pool Time & a Trip to the Mall

Woke today to beautiful blue skies and the promise from the weatherman of temps reaching the mid 70's. Sounds like a day at the pool for me.

It wasn't long before Bob made plans to go fishing. He puttered around the house for awhile and then decided there was a fish in the pond with his name on it. He gathered all his gear together and then loaded all the laundry in the truck for transport to the pool area.

I quickly dispensed with morning chores and made my way to the truck for a ride to the pool. Lucky for me there 4 machines available and I loaded them, poured the detergent and shoved the quarters into the slot and before they were done filling with water I was settled into a chaise lounge, book in hand, Pepsi by my side and settled in to..... bake. It didn't take long for the pool area to fill up, it was just that kind of day. I think this is an indication that in order to get one of the few chaise lounges one must get there early!

I lasted until 2 pm and then just had to get out of the sun. I've often heard that the "Florida sun" is different and comparing my sun tanning hours to those of my past I guess its true. Regardless, I'm turning a nice brown.

This afternoon, Karen, our friend from Michigan brought over copies of pictures she took at the picnic. There was a really nice one of Bob and I with my parents and Kenny. She printed two 5 x 7's and 2 wallets for us. After seeing these and talking to her a bit more about her printer, Bob and I decided we want one too. While dinner was cooking I got online to see what Circuit City and Best Buy had to offer. I found the exact same model Karen has for $79.00, marked down from $129 and a $30 rebate to boot at Circuit City.

After dinner I went to the mall that is practically next door to us. This was my first visit to it and I have to say I was shocked! It was empty! Not that the stores were vacant but that there was nobody there shopping! First stop, Best Buy to see what they had in store. I couldn't get anyone to help me so I left shortly after I arrived. I was just about the only person in there so I should have had no problem getting someone to explain the differences between photo printers to me. Don't want to help me, acknowledge that I'm even there, no problem, I'll take my money elsewhere! Their loss!

I walked through a few other stores but nothing caught my fancy.

Off to Circuit City I went. I encountered a delightful young lady who knew all the answers and within 15 minutes I was out the door with our new photo printer in hand. I didn't get the same one our friend has after all even though the dollar amount was right on target. Space and weight have to be taken into consideration so I opted for a smaller printer. Lots of updated features but we can't print an 8x10 picture. I really don't see that as being a problem. So we paid a little more than the one we originally wanted cost but the compact size of it makes it just a better buy all the way around for us.

In case your wondering, Bob didn't stay long at the fishing hole. He said it was way too crowded.

Another day in our RV full timing life.



No comments: