Monday, March 5, 2007

3/5/07 Preparations for Picnic

Today was a busy day! First I should tell you that we did wake to sunny skies. It was a very pretty day, just a tad on the chilly side. Long pants, sweatshirts or jackets kind of chilly. At least it wasn't raining.

We spent the morning writing emails and making phone calls to get our address changed. We now have our address in Texas. All of our mail will be sent to our address at Escapees Hdqtrs and forwarded to us as often as we want. We'll probably opt for twice a month.

By late morning I was out collecting the rest of the money from those attending our picnic tomorrow. There's about 26 of us going to Fred Howard Park down near Tarpon Springs. This is something we did in December and everyone had such a good time we decided to do it again. The same as last time, everyone was asked to pitch in $2.00 to cover the cost of the hot dogs, hamburgers and brats plus rolls. A covered dish will be brought by each of us to share. After collecting all the money it was time to go to the Hundred Dollar Store to buy everything. It was quite a task to keep my own things needed to prepare our offering separated from the picnic items but I managed. I had quite a loaded cart by the time I was done.

While I was gone Bob started gathering things we'll need for tomorrow. He took our CD system down and got it and the power pack ready for tomorrow. He made sure we had charcoal for the grill and got the coolers ready for packing.

I was gone much longer than I expected and didn't get started making my dishes until nearly 5 pm. I made 5 pounds of potato salad, 6 cucumbers worth of cucumber salad, a pound worth of green beans for a salad and par boiled 25 brats. In between all this I had to feed us. Its been an busy time in the Quinn kitchen. Good thing nothing needed to be baked!

We're expecting a warmer day tomorrow and I'm hoping the weather man is right!

No comments: