Saturday, September 1, 2007

8/31/07 Labor Day Weekend

The beginning of Labor Day Weekend. Wow, this came fast!

I was thinking about summers past today and realized that this is the first summer in the twenty eight years Bob and I have been together that we didn't spend any time at the beach. In fact, this is the first summer in all of my 54 years that I didn't spend time at a beach. I miss the beach. Whether it was an Atlantic Ocean beach such as Rehoboth in slower, lower Delaware or the beach at my folks cottage on the Elk River in Maryland. I'm going to do my best to make sure this doesn't happen again, I don't like it.

Campers started coming in early today and we're full for the weekend. The float business isn't busy and we're really surprised at that. Only a few rafts and canoes are scheduled for Saturday. Dan did say that once the kids went back to school business would drop off. He sure knows what he's talking about. No word on the missing raft yet but the River Patrol did call to see if a serial number was available for it. It's nice to know that they are going to be on the lookout for it this weekend.

This afternoon we had to re-fill the hummingbird feeder, again.

The weather has finally changed for the better. The air conditioner is turned off and our lows at night are in the 50's. Great sleeping weather!

After a dinner of sandwiches we both spent time on our computers and I ordered our new camera. It should get here by the end of the week. It killed me to pay sales tax on it but I sucked it up. I had given serious thought of having it shipped to my parents in Delaware to save the $30 + in tax and then have them to ship it to me. I thought better of it seeing how it won't be shipped until Tuesday probably due to the holiday weekend and will take 3 - 5 days to arrive. If it had gone to Delaware then it would have taken at least another five days to get here. We wouldn't want to have to hang around waiting for it to arrive so I bit the bullet and paid the sales tax for Missouri. I'm never going to get used to this sales tax thing. Another thing I don't like. Shortly after the transaction was completed we got a phone call from Paypal checking to see if we made a rather large purchase online. That was a phone call we were glad to get.

Seven work days to go!

No comments: