Saturday, September 8, 2007

9/7/07 Another Rainy Day

No work for either of us today. We woke to thunder storms and heavy rain, there will be no roofing today. Barb called and said there was no need for me to come in either as there just isn't anything to do. This is the day that Bob should have finished up the roof, instead one side is torn off and papered. This is not good. The weatherman has clouds and rain in the forecast for the next few days. I'm tellin' ya, Texas all over again.

After some morning computer time we decided to go get a new battery for my phone. It seems the one I have now can't hold a charge for more than 15 minutes. So off to Washington we go only to find out that it isn't a factory store but just a retailer and that we have to travel just 20 miles short of St. Louis to get to the needed factory store. Wouldn't you know it, the store was out of my model of battery. I paid for a new one and it will be shipped to me. They tell me I'll have it by Tuesday, I sure hope so. We would hate to have to hang around for a battery to arrive. The lady we had wait on us, Alice Cooper, was just the nicest lady you can imagine.

We got back around 4:30 just in time for me to make my hair cut appointment. I figured I'd better get one now while I have someone who knows what they are doing. I wish I could take Liz, the hair stylist, with us.

We were surprised to see the couple from the UK back again. It seems the repairs they needed to have done took all day so they just came back here.

We did the fast food thing for dinner tonite and settled in for a night of TV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bob and Snookie,
It was lovely to have met you, and good to talk culture and word differences. We both learnt such a lot.
Despite the change in the weather (that great British talking point!) we're having a terrific time in the US.
Best wishes,
The English Couple,
Keith & Christine Appleby