Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/10/07 Did Ya Ever Have One THOSE Days?

We had big hopes for today. We had plans for today. We were going to accomplish so much today. We didn't do squat!

Well, that's not exactly accurate, we did accomplish some things but not nearly what we planned to. Since Bob is going to install our brake thingamajig on the truck tomorrow all the running around had to be done today. That wasn't in MY plans. Since I'm the one who did the errands my day was pretty well shot to hell.

I had to get a nail fixed as I had broken one several days ago. Now this just wasn't your ordinary nail breakage, this was halfway down the nail. Too far to just cut it off as just half my nail would be left and way too painful to do it in the first place. I had been to a shop earlier in our stay here but I didn't care for it at all. So I "googled" nail salons in Sullivan, MO and found this wonderful shop just five miles from home. If only I had found this shop back in May. The shop owner, Jennifer, could take me right away and made me feel so welcome when I got there. She had me fixed up in no time and did a great job!

Next it was off to Walmart to pick up a few things, the pharmacy to pick up our prescriptions, the bank for a money order, the gas station for fuel, a stop at the post office and then finally back home,,,,,3 hours later.

While I was gone, Bob did several jobs but not really completing any of them. Did ya ever have one of those days where one thing leads to another and at the end nothing is done? That was Bob's day in a nutshell. He did get rid of our vegetable garden. The tomatoes are done, gone, all that's left is big bowl of cherry tomatoes. He did do other things but nothing that would make sense to write about here. Technical trailer things that I can't describe.

I managed to reline a few kitchen shelves and re-arrange some drawer space.

In late afternoon we had a brief shower and some wind and afterwards the temps really dropped. We should have great sleeping weather tonight.

We did the soup and sandwich thing for dinner and then just settled in for TV.

Tomorrow will be a better day, it has to be if we are to move on by the end of week like planned.

No comments: