Saturday, March 12, 2011

3/12/2011 Picture Taking and Brunch

I was up and out early this morning as I had to be at the horseshoe pits to take the end of year picture of our horseshoe players.

These guys get together every morning and play and at the end of the season there is a BBQ lunch and a group pic taken.

Horseshoe coordinator, scorekeeper, keeper of the stats, Chuck Carstensen,,,,,

IMG_7820

,,,,,asked me to take the picture this year. He put it like this, “I want to hire you to you take the picture this year for the horseshoe guys.” I replied, “Chuck, I’ll do it but I want you to know I don’t come cheap.” He said it didn’t matter and asked how much did I want. I gave a very few seconds thought to my fee and promptly replied, “Ice cream from Stone Cold!” I knew without a doubt he would pay up because my buddy Chuck loves his ice cream!

So at 8:45 I went to the horseshoe pits and waited for the guys to get in place and get settled. I’m really happy with the outcome of the picture and have received lots of positive comments from the horseshoe players.

IMG_7824

At ten, Bob and I went to our friends Mike and Barb for brunch.

IMG_7829

These two put together the most scrumptious mid-morning feast for us. We had oatmeal raisin pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon cooked to perfection, fresh strawberries and cantaloupe and very probably another thing or two that I can’t remember right now. Absolute perfection! Barb and Mike, we thoroughly enjoyed your meal and even more….your company.

After we returned back to the 5th wheel I jumped in the truck with our neighbor Janet (Chuck’s wife) to go to town to get the picture I had taken blown up into 5 x 7’s for the guys. We went to the local Walgreen’s in Casa Grande and when we had everything plugged into the machine and all the choices made, Janet thought to ask if there were any special codes she needed to know for sale items. The young lady in the store said that starting tomorrow 5 X 7’s would be buy one/get one free. When you are buying 30 pictures in the 5 x 7 size that is a sizable savings. It was decided that they would be picked up tomorrow morning after church so that the discount could be taken.

It’s really getting warm in the desert! We are now, solidly, in the 80’s now, our cold water is hot and the sound of air conditioners is the norm these days. Yep, summer is here in the desert.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ice Cream can be such a bribe - at least where I come from. Glad you bid high lol...