Wednesday, March 2, 2011

3/2/2011 Birds of a Feather…

When I got up this morning I was sitting here at the computer and happened to look up just in time to see this bird sitting on our ladder on the back of the rig. I had the camera sitting on the table next to me so I reached for it in hopes it would stay until I could snap a picture.

IMG_7759

A short while later Bob comes in and says, “A baby owl is out, where’s the camera?” I handed it over and he came back with these.

IMG_7760

IMG_7761

I’ve heard a lot of talk about the owl so I’m thinking everyone in the park has been there to take pictures of it.

I went out to lunch today to with my friend Helen MaGuire. When she picked me up Bob was visiting with a new RV’er to the park this year. It sounded like they there trying to fix all the problems of the world. I left it to them. I was going out to get me some “girlfriend time”.

This is my friend Helen. She’s going to be surprised to see this picture of her here since I captured it from her Facebook Page.

Helen Maguire

I like this lady. I thoroughly enjoyed our time at lunch talking about anything and everything. We went to Mimi’s CafĂ© and had the most wonderful lunch. I ordered my Mimi staple. A turkey, pistachio, cranberry salad on a croissant with lettuce and tomato with a side of fries and let’s not forget that pickle spear! This meal is to die for! I raved about it so much that Helen ordered the same thing and I think she now a new favorite at Mimi’s. We took our time, didn’t rush at all and just talked about all that we wanted to. We both shared a lot during our noontime meal and it cemented our friendship even further. Oh yes, I like this lady! We are birds of a feather in so many ways.

We agreed that we would have lunch one more time this season for sure and next season….lunch once a month!

We made a stop at the grocery store on the way home so I could pick up some salad fixin’s and when I walked in our house I found that our new friend wants to rent the park model for four months next year.

Bob and I want to do some mid season traveling next year that we didn’t get to do this year due to my bout with depression. It is so much work taking all you need out of the rig and putting it into the park model and then to repack the rig for several weeks, possibly a month, on the road, well, its just too much to deal with. As long as all the expenses associated with the park model are covered by rent we are just as happy to live in our new 5th wheel.

This was one really good day!

1 comment:

HelenM said...

Oh Yes! I'm very surprised to see my facebook pic on your blog, Snookie! I do want you to know howd much I enjoyed our lunch. Am looking forward to doing it, again, real soon!