Thursday, March 24, 2011

3/19-3/24/2011 Our Neighborhood BBQ

This post will span five days.


It seems like I have done nothing but walk from one end of this park to the other catching up with people to get their signature on “the letter”. Of course they have to read it, we have to discuss it, we talk about the probable outcome and the two minute reading / signature turns into a half hour. I’m not complaining really, I do like visiting with everyone and this is one way to get to see inside everyone’s park model or rig.


I also get to see some very cool things in nature. I was asked to come to a backyard to see some very tiny hummingbirds in their nest.


IMG_7899


The nest is so incredibly small I don’t know how these two little birds fit anymore.


IMG_7900


IMG_7901


I was glad I got to see them because it surely won’t be long before they are gone.


IMG_7903


A couple of weeks ago we had our Art Show and I explained in my own very primitive way what negative painting is. You can read that again HERE. Well I finally got a picture of this negative painting.

IMG_7898

Time is getting short for a lot of the winter residents now. In all likelihood those in RV’s will leave on the 30th or 31st of the month. Some Canadians will be leaving very soon because they have to get across that border and some are just ready to get home where its green and there are daffodils and tulips. In view of this, you can take it to the bank that there are parties and dinners and BBQ’s and gatherings going on all over the park nearly every day.


Our neighborhood or block is no exception. Everyone on our block was invited to bring meat to grill and a dish to share. This is another gathering we enjoy.


IMG_7911


I really like this sweatshirt this fella was wearing.


IMG_7906


Bob, aka The Tan One, manning one of the grills.


IMG_7910


IMG_7907


Even though Don and Billee bought a park model last year and aren’t on the street anymore they were invited because they will always “belong” to this block. The same with Kathy and Lyell, park model owners now but were part of this block for so long that they too just belong.


My buddy Don, aka The Peacock of the Park.


IMG_7909


Once again, too much food and we all did our best to make sure there weren’t any leftovers. Will we never learn?

No comments: