Saturday, March 26, 2011

3/26/2011 Everybody Sing!

Getting signatures for our letter to the owner’s of the park is winding down now. We have passed the two hundred mark. Considering how many are actually here right now the response has been overwhelmingly positive. Sure there are a few who don’t want to get involved, rock the boat so to speak but you can imagine what life would be like if we all just sat on the sidelines and settled for what will be, will be? ((((shudders))))


Our weather here in the desert has certainly turned to summer weather. Jackets are now a thing of the past and a dozen park residents in the pool in the afternoon is now the norm. Typing that reminds me of something. When I was a young twenty-something I went to Florida for a couple of weeks to visit my grandparents. On some afternoons we would go the mobile home park next door that had a pool, theirs didn’t but an agreement was made between the parks. I spent hours laying on the chaise lounges as I was more interested in getting a tan so that my friends would know I had been in Florida and that they were pasty white compared to my bronzed self. I remembered how I thought it was strange that everyone just stood in the pool. There was no calling out,,,, MARCO! And there was certainly no reply of POLO! No one swam laps from one end to the other. No one floated on a raft or otherwise. They just stood there and talked. I didn’t get it. Well, now, I do. I’m not sure if that makes me happy or not but I do in fact get it. Surely this must be some rite of passage!


Buds are set on the cacti all over the park and everyone is hoping that they are in full bloom before they leave. I, for once, would love to see the desert in full bloom! Some year,,,,some year.



Bob has been busy getting us road ready. He does a little bit each day so that he isn’t overwhelmed at the end. Of course we have a couple of more weeks here yet so he can’t do too much.


I have straightened out a few cupboards so far but that is the extent of my getting road ready. I’m more interested in getting this letter business out of the way and spending my afternoons standing in the pool. (smile)



This evening we had our last karaoke night. Larry and Elaine have been just great about providing this entertainment for us. Sadly, they won’t be returning next year. That is truly our loss. You two will truly be missed and we’re keeping our fingers crossed that you’ll change your minds.


IMG_7950


Quail Run’s own singer/songwriter, Bill Turner entertaining us with a song.


IMG_7945


Bill and Judy had a great time singing Sonny & Cher’s I Got You Babe.


IMG_7947


This is Lyle. If this had been a competition he would have been our secret weapon. You see Lyle and his wife have been in the park but to tell you the truth I had seen him in passing but really didn’t know who he was. In fact, I hear quite a few couldn’t really say they knew Lyle. Has that changed now!


IMG_7948


When he started singing his pick of songs you could see necks snapping, looking left to right as if to say, “Do you HEAR this??? This guy can sing!” We really cheered him on when he finished and were very happy when he took his next slips up for more songs to be sung.


A group song. Franny, Carol, Marlene and Al.


IMG_7949


A fun night was had by all.

No comments: