Saturday, March 1, 2014

3/1/2014 Another One of Those Firsts

(Arizona City, AZ)

Another first for me and my family to deal with. 

Today would have been my dad’s 81st birthday.  This is the first birthday of his without him.

He’s been on my mind all day, more so today than the other days.  I even picked the phone up to call him to wish him a happy birthday this morning and then realized what I was doing.  He’s not here anymore.

I miss my dad so much.  I have to admit I looked at Happy Birthday Dad cards and walked away with tears in my eyes.

We’re coming up on the one year anniversary of the day he left us, no wait, he didn’t leave us, he would never to do that, it will be the first anniversary of the day our Lord called him home.

It’s a good thing Dianne was here this day.  She kept me occupied and busy.

So we got through this one.  It doesn’t get easier as time goes by as everyone told me it would.  Maybe it takes longer than almost a year.

Happy Birthday Dad.

No comments: