Wednesday, March 12, 2014

3/12/14 Quail Run’s Art Show

(Arizona City, AZ)

Quail Run just simply has the most talented people.  Musician’s, fabulous quilter’s, writers and artists.  Oh what talented artists we have.

Today was the day for the annual Art Show.

IMG_7661
 
I went determined to buy a painting, or two, for our park model.

Our friend and neighbor, Mike painted these and I was lucky to get the second one down on the right.

IMG_7663
Karen is also a very talented artist.

IMG_7664
 
The scene in the painting on the bottom left I have actually seen in real person.  That’s a painting  taken from the Desert Botanical Garden during a Chihully exhibit.  I’ll be going there again soon and will get the picture of it.

IMG_7665
 
IMG_7666
 
My friend Judy painted these.  The top one is her home in Canada and the bottom one is her view out her back door.
 
IMG_7667
Carol does drawings, mostly birds and flowers and several of hers have won blue ribbons.  I didn’t know that she was an artist until this show and was quite surprised to find that out.  I knew she made jewelry but not that she drew award winning drawings too.

IMG_7692

IMG_7669
 
IMG_7670

IMG_7672

IMG_7674
Bonnie and Keith, catching up on what's new.

IMG_7677
I was also able to purchase a painting from Eva.  I’ll have to take a picture of it when I get it after the show.

IMG_7680

Nancy and Carol deciding which painting they wanted.

IMG_7684
 
The Art Show always has a great turnout.

IMG_7686
Artist Mike and his lovely wife Barb.

IMG_7687
Barb was camera shy so she hid.

IMG_7688
Judy, one of our talented artist who worked on the mural in the Breezeway.

IMG_7689
Another successful Art Show for our resident artists and great to spend with friends.

No comments: