Sunday, December 14, 2014

12/14/2014 Christmas Shopping….Again

(Arizona City, AZ)

Today Bonnie and I went shopping …..again. 

I had my little Angel Tree boy to finish up and I now had a 10 year old to buy for.  A Quail Run resident who isn't in the park yet sent me a check for $100.00 to help out when I put the request out for help.  Well, the residents are being so generous, over $500.00 so far, that I went to the Angel Tree to pick one of the slips that was still hanging.  The boy needed clothes as he had just gone up a size and there was no money for new clothes.  His mom wrote that he is a good boy and never asks for anything.  So I used my 30% off at Kohl’s and bought things on sale and was able to get him 3 pairs of pants, 4 shirts, sneakers and socks.  I think every kids needs some fun gifts at Christmas so I got him Yahtzee, Sorry, Uno card game and another one that I forget the name of right now.  I hope he’ll be a happy boy on Christmas morning.

Our tree is starting to fill as the residents do their shopping and get their purchases wrapped.

IMG_1462
I spent part of the afternoon wrapping gifts for our kids and grandkids.  I only got a few done as I was getting interrupted, in a most delightful way, by people dropping by to give money for the family in need.   The envelope is getting very thick!

No comments: