Saturday, December 20, 2014

12/20/2014 A Trip to the Hospital

(Arizona City, AZ)

I received a phone call today from son, Jonathan, in Kentucky.  As soon as I answered I heard, “Hey, I got a box today!”  Ahhh, the flat rate one arrived in two days, not bad I thought.  Then I heard, “It has packages with Shannon’s and Briana’s names on them.”  Uh-oh, oh heck, I didn’t say Uh-oh I said, “OH SH_ _!”  I put the wrong label on the wrong box.  That means in awhile I’ll get a call from Delaware and Tim will tell me he got the wrong box.  I called him first to let him know what happened and that I needed him to mail it out to Jon on Monday.  He told me this was going to be a problem because he’s in big moving van as a passenger.  I asked if Shannon could take it.  He explained she’s working long hours on Monday and the post office would be closed when she got out and there wasn’t enough time on her half hour lunch break.  What was I going to do?  Running out of time here doesn’t even begin to explain it.

Jon said that he would have no problem mailing it so at least I knew Shannon and Briana would get some of the their gifts.

Later in the day I talked with Shannon and she said that on Sunday she was going to bake cookies with her sister-in-law and would ask her to take care of it.  I am so hoping she has time.

I tracked the big box that went to Delaware and it was on its way east.  Would it get there in time?  I’m hoping so.

One of the packages that was supposed to go to Kentucky was in California for some reason.  Another one was in Cincinnati, Ohio and the other one was not listed as even leaving Arizona City post office.  I was so wishing I could have found another large box like I sent to Delaware instead of having to keep tabs on three smaller ones.

I have hardly any voice left.  This has all moved down to my chest and I’m having a really hard time breathing.  As soon as I get time I’m going to have to go to a doctor.  I’ve had pneumonia twice now.  Yeah, as soon as I get time I’ll go.

In addition to not having a whole of time with all I’m doing I’m not sleeping well.  I haven’t been sleeping through the night for the last month.  I wake up at 2 or thereabouts and I’m wide awake until 5 or 5:30.  I can then go back to sleep but then I’m sleeping until 9:30 or 10 and I don’t like that at all.  I’m getting my hours all messed up and I don’t know why this is happening or how to fix it.

I turned in early because I’m so tired and took some Nyquill, nasty tasting stuff, in hope I would get a good nights sleep.

I woke up at 3:20 and could not breathe.  I panicked.  That is such a scary feeling.  I noticed the living room TV was on which meant Bob was up too.  What I found was Bob sound asleep in his recliner the remote still in his hand.  I stood on the step trying to get a breath and he must have sensed I was there or my gasping woke him.  He jumped up and asked what was wrong.  He could see I was having trouble and asked if I wanted to go to the hospital.  All I could do was nod.

Within ten minutes we were dressed and walking out the door.  Luckily, there was very little traffic and we made good time.  We did get a little disoriented and we made a wrong turn and ended up in the wrong medical complex.  My breathing is even more labored now and he stopped for a red light.  There was NO ONE around.  I pushed his arm to get his attention and to motion TO GO!  He came back with, “Do you want me to get a ticket?”  He must have felt my glare because he pulled out and we went through it.  Had we been stopped the cop would have understood, especially when he shined his flashlight in my face and saw my eyes crossed and and my skin a pretty shade of blue.

Bob dropped me off at the Emergency Room door and went to park the car.  I walked in slowly, because that’s all I could do.  Thankfully there was no one there.  I walked up to the desk and they could see I was in distress and told me they would get the information later or from Bob.

I was taken back immediately and my nurse Kathy went right to work.  I have to say, she was simply wonderful.  Explained everything as it was being done and understood my needle phobia and treated me accordingly.

I had six nebulizer treatments, antibiotics via IV, a chest x-ray and blood drawn.  My oxygen level was very low when I arrived and it was having a hard time getting back up there and staying.  It would rise to a 94 and fall back to 89.  They wouldn’t let me leave until it was a consistent 94.

It finally stabilized and armed with a handful of prescriptions I was released around eight.

Before I left I had texted Bonnie to let her know where I was and asked her to let the Pastors know that in all likelihood  I would not be available to photograph the program that was being put on that evening.

We stopped to get the prescriptions filled and we headed home.  We both talked about going to bed but when we got there we were both wide awake.  Naps, we’ll take naps this afternoon.

No comments: