Tuesday, August 21, 2007

8/16 - 8/19/07 It's Quiet in our Neighborhood

Not a whole lot going on around here. Just a handful of RV'ers coming in and by morning they are gone again.

Thursday we were still in the 100 range for temps but on Friday we got relief. The high on Friday was 98! It didn't make a whole lot of difference.

Miss Kitty, the campground had to make an emergency run to the vet's. Barb noticed one of her front legs was twice the size it should have been but we couldn't see what was wrong. We thought maybe she got stung by a wasp. Off to the vet they went and when they returned Miss Kitty's paw was shaved part way. The vet had found not one, but two puncture holes. She either got stung twice or was bitten by a snake. I'm hoping it was the wasps.

Saturday brought a relatively quiet day on the river in that we only ran one bus versus the two we have had running and for the last run of the day Dan only needed the van to transport floaters to the river. Yep, things are sure quieter around here.

By mid morning the campground was cleared out leaving us and one other camper who is here for two more weeks. We were supposed to have another camper for another day or two but they had an emergency and had to leave early. I was on my way to the Kamper Kottages when I took notice of the license plate on his towed vehicle. It was a Maryland plate. I stopped as he was outside and told him we were from Delaware and asked what part of Maryland he was from. Imagine my surprise when he replied, "Elkton". Just 10 miles down the road from where we lived. Further conversation brought out that he worked at Chrysler and I'm betting that if we had the time we could have found people we knew in common.

Sunday evening the television in the bedroom died. This is about the worst thing that could have happened because Bob and I don't like the same TV shows and that's where I watch. Not to mention that I go to sleep with the TV on and I can't go to sleep without it,,,,well, not very easily. At 8:30 pm we made a trip to Walmart to get a new TV. They didn't have any that would fit in the space we have. I got the radio out thinking I would be able to find a talk show, I don't care what they are talking about I just need the voices, the noise. I couldn't find a talk show anywhere on the dial. I finally settled on a re-run of this morning's Catholic Mass. Again, I didn't care what was being talked about, I just needed the noise. It didn't take me long to fall off to sleep, that's for sure.

Last but not least we have a birthday greeting to send out. Saturday is our friend Dianne's birthday. We hope your birthday was as wonderful as you are my friend!

Fifteen more work days!


No comments: