Friday, August 3, 2007

8/2/07 Temperatures are SOARING!

I just checked the extended forecast and the next 10 days we'll be in the mid-90's or higher and at night we're not getting away from the mid-70's. Our air conditioner is constantly running and there doesn't seem to be an end in sight.

I honestly don't know how Bob is doing it. He's on a roof pulling off cedar shake shingles, replacing plywood, laying the felt and then nailing the new shingles on. Granted he starts at six in the morning so they don't have to work in the worst heat of the day but even by nine we're hitting the 80's already. I worry about him. Matt, his helper on most days comes into the store often for drinks and I'm always asking him if Bob is drinking enough, is he ok? Matt assures me he is but I can see the toll this is taking. Bob's exhausted.

We have another birthday wish to send out today. Today is my uncle Kenny's birthday. We just found out that he'll be coming to see us in about two weeks and Bob is already planning a fishing trip for rainbow trout!

Twenty seven work days to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY..... SNOOKIE...
B-E-L-A-T-E-D
Have been so busy with company and having three grandsons for a week, and now returning them to Brighton, Dale flying to Myrtle Beach early Monday morning .... [brother just got out of hospital with congestive heart failure.....]
I have just totally over-looked the list I had with your birthday on it...
Please accept our best wishes for a wonderful year ahead.... and Birthday Wishes.... Sounds like you had a good day...
Our Love, Karen & Dale