Tuesday, August 21, 2007

8/20/07 Weekend is Here!

That last week sure went fast! I was afraid that time would start dragging now that we are getting to be "short-timers".

One of the things on our "to do list" today is to go into a town called Washington about 15 mile from here. We have to find a small television. I did a computer search for Target and they have one that might fit the space we have. This is a new store that just opened six weeks ago in this area and the first time we've ever been in a Target store. They had one that is one inch deeper than our space allows comfortably but Bob says he'll make it fit. We got the TV on sale for $99.99 and when the cashier said that will be $162 and change I was dumbfounded. When I asked her how much the tax was and she said $10.32 I knew right away there was a mistake somewhere. The wrong price was listed in the computer and I was hoping that it would be treated like items in a grocery store that have the wrong price in the computer, they are usually free if that happens. That was not the case in this Target store. Darn it.

Bob did get the TV into the space available and it doesn't fit as nicely as our now dead one did,,,,but it works. Since this is a TV/DVD player combo this TV is taller than the old one by an inch or two so the satellite receiver doesn't fit nicely on top of it but it does fit on the side if we put the receiver on its side. As long as I have TV I don't care how it fits in there. I'm sure I'll sleep well tonight.

We made an early evening run for groceries and to pick up Chinese food for dinner, a first for us since we left Delaware.

Time to watch the new TV. Oh no, it doesn't work! I don't know what happened but all we can on it is a blue screen. We know its not the TV because it was working before we went to the grocery store. We both played with it but couldn't get a picture. I'll have to call Direct TV tomorrow and have them come out, it has to be the receiver. At bedtime I got the radio out again and did find a talk show this time. They were discussing Senator Biden, the senator from our home state, Delaware. It couldn't have been that interesting because I fell off to sleep in no time.

No comments: