Tuesday, August 28, 2007

8/27/07 All Alone in the Campground

Woke this morning to bright, sunny skies and it was actually pleasant....in the morning.

By mid morning the tenters were gone as was the couple who stayed over from the group that was here. We are the only ones here, that hasn't happened for quite awhile now.
We're off today with no set plans. I spent the late morning cleaning out a cupboard in the bedroom and the big closet. I took out quite a few clothes that I know we aren't going to wear anymore to give to the local mission. Bob puttered around doing small jobs that he needed to get caught up on around the house.

I called the doctor we went to see week before last to get the test results of our blood work. I will be joining the ranks of those who line up their medicines every morning . I knew my cholesterol was high as I have a prescription for Lipitor already. Do I take it? No, I don't. I don't care to take pills, I forget to take them, my list of excuses could go on and on. Now I've got two more pills to take in addition to the Lipitor. The nurse was quite frank on the phone with me and I guess it was my wake up call. My cholesterol, triglycerides and creatine were through the roof so if I want to continue this journey then I better get my act together and get these things under control. So TOMORROW I will start taking my Lipitor and will pick up the other meds at Walmart in the afternoon. I'll take my meds, I'll take my meds, I'll take my meds. :-) Bob had another pill added to his list too but he takes his like clockwork and never misses a day.

By mid afternoon we had had enough with inside work and decided to go for a drive. We drove to St. Clair, just up the road a piece. St Clair is a little town, population 4,390. We drove up and down the streets and finally parked to have an early dinner. We had heard a lot about Lewis Cafe and decided to eat there. This is a family owned restaurant that has been open since 1938 and passed down from generation to generation. They advertise that they raise their own Angus beef so we both ordered steaks. Hmm, Hmm, Good!
A view from the street...
A view of the inside....
A view of the other end of the street. This IS small town America.

After our early dinner we continued on with our ride and passed the Ralph Russo VFW Lodge. This lodge has boasting rights of being the only lodge in the country that has erected a replica of the Guard House like those used in Viet Nam to guard Prisoners of War.


By mid afternoon the temperature had reached the mid-90's and we took notice of these cows and how they cooled off.


There were quite a few of these cows in the water but I couldn't get them all in the same picture due to the trees. Personally, I don't care how hot I was, I wouldn't stand in the green, scummy water!

When we finally made our way home we didn't know what to do with ourselves since there was no dinner to make. We sat outside for a short while until the flies chased us indoors. We don't know whats going on around here but the flies have been terrible! They swarm and BITE!

So there we are, another day in our full timing life as RV'ers. Nothing is planned for tomorrow so we'll have to see what comes our way and what we can get into.












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Snookie, Snookie, Snookie! Will you please do what you are supposed to do to take care of yourself!!! You KNOW what I mean!

Before you continue your journey, look for an Avon Rep and get some Skin So Soft! 1/2 SSS and 1/2 water, wipe on all exposed areas and the bugs won't come near you.

Hugs,
Elaine

PS: It wasn't me!!