Monday, August 27, 2007

8/26/07 A Very Quiet Day In Our Neighborhood

By mid-morning the campground had cleared with the exception of one couple from the Eagle Fleet group we had in for the weekend. They are staying over because they have an appointment for their rig at their dealership which is located halfway between here and their home. They didn't think it made much sense to go all the way home on Sunday to drive halfway back on Monday. Makes sense to me. So it was us and them in the campground.

I took our laundry to work with me so that I could do it at my leisure during the day. My day consisted of answering the phone a few times, making a couple of reservations and playing lots of computer games. I really didn't have all that much to do and it does make for a long day.

Bob did smaller jobs around the campground today. He re-hung a hose reel on the wall, he installed Miss Kitty's cat door to the barn so she'll have shelter this winter, he fixed another pipe under a sink and several other small jobs of this nature.

Dan had a little mishap this afternoon. While bringing back some floaters from the river the raft they had used slid off the trailer it was on. Dan didn't notice it happen and when he backtracked to find it he saw it in the back of a pick up headed in the other direction. He turned around to follow but couldn't catch up with the truck. He called into the office to give a description of the pickup and Barb called the sheriff's department for help. At the end of my shift it still hadn't been located. I hope they find it because these rafts aren't cheap to replace.

By late afternoon we still hadn't had anyone come in for the night. This is the first time this has happened since we've been here. Finally, two motorcyclists came in with their tent. They are making a cross country run.

We went out for dinner to the American Bison Restaurant. I had the fixin's for meatloaf but Bob didn't feel like putting it all together and he suggested dinner out. As you can imagine he didn't have to twist my arm.

When we returned to this oh so quiet campground we settled in the for evening with TV for entertainment.

TEN WORKING DAYS LEFT!!!!!


No comments: