Wednesday, November 28, 2007

11/24/07 We've Seen Our First......

....Saguaro Cactus! We took a ride today just to get out and passed these on the highway.

We understand there is a state park not too far away that has hundreds of these cactus. I'm looking forward to seeing that!

Further down the road we I snapped this picture of a mountain. Turn your head to the left, what do you see?


More winter residents are arriving each day. The park is still far from filled but its a start.

Its gotten chilly here in the Grand Canyon state, we even had to break out the electric heaters. (No sense in using our propane for heat when the electric bill is covered by the park) We're not going to get out of the 60's for the next few days but we'll be back in the 70's by Tuesday. At least that is what the weather man is saying and I'm hoping he's right!

The activities here are really starting to get into full swing and there are quite a few day trips planned. Bob and I will have to sit down and decide which trips we want to take. There's even one to tour an olive farm. I think I'd like to go on that one. Actually, I've never given it much thought as to where the olive comes from to me they were just in the condiment section of the supermarket next to the pickles. The operation not only gives you a tour they offer a lunch also. Wanna bet olives in some form are served? I did learn that Arizona is one of the world's biggest olive producers. Who knew?

No comments: