Friday, November 30, 2007

11/29/07 List Making

Another early morning for me as today I joined in with The Next Step. Advanced line dancing lessons! What a workout this is, I don't know if I'm ready for this or not. I'm so glad they teach these dances in small segments. The only problem with that is by the time I learn the second segment I've forgotten the first. Some are so confusing. I'll stick with it and see how it goes.

Today Bob and I started planning our Christmas decorations. This is something we didn't bring with us so we're starting from scratch. If we were in any other park we wouldn't even bother but since we're here and in Activities we have no choice. Well, maybe no choice isn't the correct wording. Lets say it this way....We were strongly encouraged to really outdo ourselves with decorating and as Jeannie the Park Manager put it, "Make those electric meters spin!" Soooo,,,today we started planning and making a list of what we need to get. So far our plan is to outline the rig and slides all in red, if we can get enough strings of light in red that is. If not, we'll go to plan B which we haven't made as yet. We saw some large wreaths at Walmart for less than $10 which we'll put on the cap of the rig in the front. We'll get some garland and wrap it around the awning post and the tripod that stabilizes the front of the rig. We'll get poinsettias and who knows what else when we go to Walmart and the Dollar Store. I'll post pics when we get it done.

All the talk around the park today is the rain that is forecasted for tomorrow. Evidently it hasn't rained in this area in quite a long time and you would think they were talking about the second coming instead of a few rain showers. You wait and see, it will blow right past us.

Bingo starts in the park tonight and this is something I would normally join in on but its Thursday and that means Survivor night. The show doesn't have too many more episodes so I can't start missing them now, its getting down to the end. After the show I did run up to the Carnaval Room (yes, that's the correct spelling) where bingo was being held to get a 50-50 ticket which is going off tonight. I did make it in time but wasn't given the winning ticket like I asked for. I saw some neighbors at a table and wandered over to see how they were doing. I even ended up playing when one player couldn't finish out his cards and I played them for him. Too bad I didn't win for him.

That was about it for our day.

No comments: