Thursday, November 29, 2007

11/27/07 Line Dancing and Pool Playing

Jazzbox! Quarter Turn! Vine step! Clap Step! So many new terms to learn.

I was up and out early this morning as today was first day of lessons in line dancing. I usually learn them in a party situation where I just get out there and get next to someone who knows what there doing. Usually by the end of the song I've got it down, not always, but most times. Today I will stand in the Carnaval Room with dozens of others, some who know all the steps already and others who are learning new ones like me.

Dianne, my friend and neighbor in Delaware, and I had attempted this once but I think we went twice and then life got in the way and the lessons went by the wayside. I'm sticking it with it this time! In fact, I just talked with Di recently and she is also taking line dancing lessons.

First dance today, Electric Slide. Well, I was very comfortable with that one, as that one been around for years. The difference in doing it today? It was done to a country song! A little bit slower than what I'm used to dancing this one and to tell ya truth I'd take the original song anytime.
I was both glad and surprised to see men in this class. Bob wouldn't do a line dance if his life depended on it!

Today we also learned the Candida, the Honey. New York, New York and Country Boy. Mostly we danced to country songs, but not all.


Class only lasted an hour but it sure was fun! I did pretty well today with learning the new dances. The test will be if I remember them by next Tuesday!

Such concentration!


This evening Bob started playing pool. This is an activity he used to do when we were back in Delaware at his VFW lodge. He played 3 games and I think he won two and lost one. This is something he'll do every week.

After dinner we settled in for an evening of TV.

No comments: