Thursday, March 19, 2009

3/19/2009 Closing Down the Office

Today I closed the books on this season and turned my monies into the main office for safekeeping through the summer months.

Financially, its been a good year. We had tons of support from the winter residents for the shows and events that we had. Of course, none of it could have happened without the great Activities Team this year. It wasn't always smooth sailing but for the most part everyone got along and they did get the job done. So team, GOOD JOB! and I THANK YOU!

It's really warming up here in the desert now. We're getting very close to 90 degrees and may have even gone over it a day or two already.

The park is starting to empty out as winter residents are making their way back home for the summer months. I have to wonder if they go home to rest, to relax, to get geared up for the next busy season here in Arizona City. This is one busy place, if you want it to be. I often heard, "There's too much to do here". Much better to hear that than "I'm bored."

I just have a few more days to work and I'll be done for the season. Then the REAL work will begin for me. I'll be going through each drawer, cupboard and closet to see what we can leave behind. We don't want to drag behind us any unnecessary weight. Bob has already started emptying out the basement of the rig. No sense in taking Christmas lights with us. In fact, I would bet that the shed at the park model is nearly full, though I haven't seen it lately.

We still have the truck. The young man who is buying it is in the Army and can't seem to get away to come up here and pick it up. His wife, also in the Army doesn't have a more forgiving schedule either. At least they are calling everyday or I would be having my doubts about this sale.

Bob played pool tonight, he said he broke even. I sat outside with Kathy, a couple of doors down. She and her husband bought a park model this year too. In fact, just last week although they had known they would buy this unit three years ago! A lot of new owners in Quail Run this year. Bob and I have a great bunch to grow old together with!

No comments: