Monday, March 23, 2009

3/23/2009 Holiday Decoration Clean Out is Done

At 9 a.m. we met in the Carnaval Room. Today, three of us, George, Darrell and myself were to tackle the Christmas decorations. If the lights didn't light, they were gone. If something was torn, it was gone. Paint chipped? Gone! Just plain ugly,,,,GONE! It felt so good! What was once in 16 tubs and cardboard boxes is now in 8 tubs. New stuff next year!

I did manage to save all the little tiny pieces of this or that to use on wreaths next year. I've got a plan for a project that will involve the ladies in the park, can't give you any details as yet, still working it out in my head.

We cleaned up the office pretty today and we went through cloth tablecloths and napkins to get rid of any stained or torn ones. I have to say, this has been a good year for getting rid of stuff!

I heard this afternoon that a quail has laid 10 eggs on a winter residents porch. I went over to see and sure enough, there she sat.



She's still in the process of laying her eggs as last night she had nine and this morning she laid another one. I didn't realize they had that many. So this should be fun to watch over the next few days. I don't know how long it takes to hatch but the people who own the porch live here year round anyway so they'll get to watch it all.

I've been watching the stat counter and have noticed that there are some new readers from Denver, Colorado. Welcome! Glad to welcome you to our blog. I hope you enjoy the trip.



No comments: