Saturday, March 21, 2009

3/21/2009 If I Had Heard One More Time....

....Girl, you need a haircut (!) I was going to scream! I was wwaaayyyy past due for one, probably four weeks past due for one. Several friends in the past week had brought to my attention that I needed to make time for a trip to the salon. I wonder if it was because I looked like I had my finger stuck in a electrical outlet because it was so thick and full! I have to admit, I really did look like I had a "fro" going on. Situation remedied! A trip to the salon was in order for me this morning and I feel 8 pounds lighter now that I've had a haircut!

While I was out I made a trip to Walmart to pick up a few things in the grocery department, I got my nails a long overdue manicure and I also made a stop at Bon Worth's and picked up three new tops for me. Today was, "Snookie spend some money" day! Being the Queen of Cheap that I am those days don't come often.

Bob spent part of his afternoon making a 50 amp electrical cord for Don and LaVon and He then puttered around the rig, complained about the heat, started the generator to let it run for a few minutes, complained about the heat, drank some beer, complained about the heat. It's hot today!

After a dinner of turkey sandwiches I took a walk up to the pool area to see if anyone was around. I ran into Jeannie in the laundry room and she mentioned that the lights were going on outside because a group wanted to play twilight shuffleboard. I then walked through the pool area and found Marlene and Karen sitting poolside and I asked them if they wanted to play mini golf since the lights would be on. Karen said she'd like to play but Marlene had to go home to get something to eat but she would come back afterwards.

So Karen and I played and at the last hole Marlene came back over and Jeannie was finished with her laundry and she joined us also. I had my first ever hole in one! I was so excited the whole shuffleboard area knew it too when it happened.

After mini golf we made our way to the pool room. Now I haven't played pool since I was 16 years old and probably then I held the cue stick for probably a whole three attempts at getting a ball in the pocket. I found out I like this game! And I also found out that I can indeed get the balls in the pockets! Not every time of course, not even half the time, well, probably not even a quarter of the time, ok, ok, we were playing partners and I got three in. But I had fun! I'm definitely going to play next year on Monday nights.

From the pool hall we went home and got on bathing suits, at least Marlene and I did. When we returned we found Pat and Sandy in the tub already and sat and talked with them for awhile. Not too much time passed and Keith and Wilf showed up so the six of us sat there until it was time to close the hot tub. We all found ourselves at Wilf's and we even picked up two more, Grant and Wendy, along the way. I stayed for a short time and called it a night. I had quite a day and was ready to sit back and relax.

No comments: