Tuesday, December 21, 2010

12/21/2010 Carpet Day!

After today there will be no more getting out of bed and walking on plywood. Finally! It’s only been a week that it has been like this but plywood underfoot just doesn’t feel good for any length of time.

So we got up early to get everything out of the room that we could. There isn’t much space between the platform bed and the walls as it is so its going to be a tight fit when the installation begins.

Our install time was given as anytime between eight and ten. At nine we got the call that our carpet was just put on the truck and that they were on their way. A half hour later they arrived and the install began.

I really felt bad for the guys because they were big men and there is only two and half feet between the platform top and the wall. We had debated on taking the mattress off the platform but then realized it wouldn’t make a difference either way so we saved ourselves the trouble.

No, we didn’t get red carpeting, that the padding underneath.

IMG_7041

While one guy was laying the padding the other was outside rolling out the carpet for cutting.

IMG_7042

The padding was done….

IMG_7043

….and the cutting began.

IMG_7044

IMG_7045

It was such a tight fit for this fellow but he assured me he had been in tighter.

IMG_7046

I won’t give you a finished picture until I get the new bedding on and the room is complete. It won’t be long because we don’t have too much longer in the park model this year.

It was soooo nice to walk barefoot on the new carpet. We just sink down into it. Trust me, a million times better than just plywood.

I spent most of the afternoon with Marilyn in town getting my haircut. Yes, it took most of the afternoon. Why? Because we went to the local Beauty College to get them. Now this was my first time ever going there. While I was very, very happy with my haircut I don’t know that I’ll go back. An hour and ten minutes for a haircut is just a tad too much more time than I want to put in to it. I understood going in that everything that is done will need to be checked by the instructor before the next step is taken. It was very crowded and the instructors were stretched thin. But again, I couldn’t have been happier with my cut. And the price! Six dollars for a haircut certainly works for me! Would I do this again? Maybe, if I had nothing else to do, however, that wasn’t the case today. Read on.

This next part is going to be cryptic in a way because I don’t want to say too much too soon. Let’s just say that Bob and I are in the market for something and that we have been very busy on the Internet researching things and looking for this particular thing that could be for sale or up for auction.

Well, we found one very close by and Bob and our friend Paul went to check it out yesterday. Bob was very happy with what he saw and Paul who has knowledge of these things said it was in good shape and worth the money as it stood now. I say that because Bob found it via an auction site. We debated and debated on whether to get into this auction because there was a $25.00 entry fee and the administrative costs was $350.00 plus whatever it went off for at auction and sales tax and price just kept escalating to a point it was going to be more than what we wanted to put out. We still have until tomorrow until the auction ends

However, yesterday afternoon Bob found another ad online. I don’t recall if it was Craigslist or the local paper but it turned out it was also close by. Like less than two miles close by.

Since I am the maker of all phone calls, I called and got more info and made arrangements to go see it today, between three and three-thirty. At three I was still at the Beauty School so I called to let them know we would be running late and to make sure they would still be available. All was good. We could go when it was convenient for us because they were going to be home.

So I jump out of Marilyn’s car and into the truck when I got home and off we went, two miles down the road.

We liked what we saw, it fit the bill, the price was very good and Bob and the man shook hands sealing the deal. We are now the proud almost owners of……. uh-uh, not yet. Not saying what it is until the money transfers into our account and then into the owners hands. I’m not going to get ahead of myself until the deal is done.

When we got in the truck Bob, who is sitting on Cloud Nine says to me, “You know, I feel like I’ve met that guy before but I don’t know where.” I replied, “So do I!, he looks so familiar to me.” but they just moved here in the last month and spent the summer in Colorado. Our paths didn’t cross so we thought nothing more of it.

Since tonight is pool night for Bob we went for dinner at the diner across the street since time is short.

Stop back to see what happens next.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

You are killing me! Curiosity is going to be my undoing. Santa Claus showed up, huh?

What diner across the street???