Monday, December 6, 2010

12/6/2010 Busy, Busy, Busy

Let’s see. I started this week out by going to town to return things I bought on Sunday. No, not everything, just some things that didn’t work when I got them home. The color wasn’t right, the style wasn’t right, I just plain didn’t like it once I got it home, the size wasn’t right for the space…… So I returned seven things and got my money back or exchanged for correct size.

While I was doing that Bob took the rest of the carpet out of the bedroom.

It was a beautiful day here in the desert. We having warm weather as our day time highs are in the high 70’s. Windows and doors are open and its a joy to be here. From what I’m hearing from the folks back home in Delaware….ahhh…not so much there.

I heard on the TV the other that there were just 17 days to Christmas and I had a real hard time wrapping my mind around that. I can see the decorations, the lights, I hear the songs on the radio and I’m seeing the store sales flyers but it just isn’t sinking in that its the Christmas season. Its too warm. People are hanging out at the pool, everyone is in shorts, rag-top cars are going down the road with the tops down. Even though we haven’t been in cold weather for any prolonged period now for four years it still seems strange for it to be this warm at Christmastime.

No comments: