Friday, December 31, 2010

12/31/2010 The Party We Didn’t Go To

The last day. Of the year, of this move, of our time in our park model.

Everything is out of the park model now. We finally moved the food out of the fridge into coolers. Yes, COOLERS! Our fridge has a recall on it and because it is a possible fire hazard we have to have it fixed before we can turn it on. I think I’ve already explained that Bob called Norcold, the manufacturer, and they have our info so even though 99% of the those whose fridges fall under this recall are still using them, we can not. Should ours be the one that catches on fire our insurance company upon investigation could find out from Norcold that we called in and in fact knew that fire was a possibility and in turn tell us to jump in a lake as far as paying a claim in concerned. So we are living with our food outside in coolers. I hate this! I called to check on our parts that are on order and they aren’t in yet. The guy also informed me that when they did arrive there are 70 people ahead of us for install. And….AND…. there is only one certified technician who is doing the installs. To say I am not a happy camper would be a gross understatement. I’m going to have to think about this. Trust me, the wheels are turning.

So we get over to the 5th wheel, showers have been taken, clothes are ironed and we’re sitting in the living room and Bob says, “I am so tired.” I looked at him and agreed and that I too was tired. I went on to tell him that if he wanted to stay home it would be fine with me, alls he had to do was say the word. He said the word and we welcomed in 2011….sound asleep. And that was fine with us.

No comments: