Wednesday, May 18, 2011

5/16–5/18/2011 WHYYYYYY?????

Why is it still cold here in South Dakota in mid-May? Why do we have way more cloudy/rainy days than sunshiny days? WHY ARE WE HERE?


This is starting to get depressing. I need sunshine. I need to wear shorts again. I shouldn’t have to wear a winter jacket in mid-May! OK, I’ve got that out of my system, I feel better now,


In view of our crappy weather, we really haven’t done much. It’s hard to go sightseeing in the pouring down rain. Our workamping stint as camp hosts started Wednesday. We had two customers. People are coming here to see the sights, of which there really are many, and when they listen to the local weather forecast, well, they leave. In fact, I just took a step away from writing this to check Accu-weather. FLASH FLOOD WARNING! 2.25 OF RAIN ON THE WAY! Rain for the next five days!


image


I do have to say, it sure is GREEN here! The grass hasn’t been cut yet so its really long and the day the sun comes out again we are going to be able to sit and watch it grow!


The other day Bob mentioned that he should take the ladders we carry off the back of the rig. You see it makes a perfect “shelf” for a bird to make a nest and then when you need the ladder you can’t use it because she is sitting on eggs or has baby birds in the nest. We’ve seen this happen too many times to our fellow RV’ers and it happened to us at home one year. Well, guess what?



IMG_8315


He didn’t get around to it and now its too late. Nest has been built, eggs have been laid and she’s keeping them warm. She made this nest in one day without us taking notice. At least it will interesting to watch these little robins hatch, feed and fly away.


I'd like to welcome Ken & Mia of Seattle and Linda as Frequent Readers. I hope you enjoy the trip!


Did I tell you it was raining here?

5 comments:

Michael Ultra said...

Snookie,
It will get hot. The first Sturgis rally I went to, it got up to 110.

Karen and Al said...

Well at least you have some babies to enjoy! Hope the rain quits soon and you get some sunshine to cheer you up!

LaVon Baker said...

You need to read "Pollyana."

:-)tr

Laura said...

Sorry about the yucky weather! It's not much better here. We have creeks and rivers that are flooding for the first time in.. well probably forever! I did read that this year has been our wettest spring ever. Hope the weather improves soon for you, so you can get some sightseeing in, I can't wait to see some pics!

Unknown said...

The sun will shine soon and everyone will be happy.