Sunday, May 8, 2011

5/8/2011 Our Counterparts Arrive

We had a really nice day here today. The sun was shining all day, there was hardly a breeze and it had to be close to 70.


Mid-afternoon this rig came in and went to a site and they came over as soon as they got parked. She said to Bob, “Hi, we’re your counterparts!” We weren’t expecting them until the 14th so what she said didn’t really register with Bob and he actually thought she was asking, “Where’s your other part?” So Bob sends a shout out my way and I come out and there is this couple who are all smiles and hugging me and I’m thinking to myself, “Oh my God, where do I know these people from?” I looked to Bob for help and he barely shook his no as if to say, “Snook, I don’t a clue either.”


Hugs and how do you do’s over I heard, “We’re your counterparts!” I looked at Bob, he looked at me and we were still lost. After all, we were just told the day before yesterday that they would be in on the 14th.


She went on to explain that they had been talking to another person in the chain and when they found out we were here already, well they got wheels rollin’ a little faster and lot longer each day to make it here in record time.


So we got to meet our counterparts. Gary and Sherry from Florida. They were camp hosts here last year, which says a lot to us.


They got set up and we went over for happy hour. We spent a couple of hours with them swapping life stories, military stories and RV’in’ stories.


We can tell already, this is gonna be a good summer!

No comments: