Tuesday, May 3, 2011

5/3/2011 Plan C–Yet Another Change - Maybe

I went over to the Outdoor Rec building this morning to extend our stay here.


IMG_8262


This is the building where all things fun happen. Need sports equipment? This is the place to go. Want discounted tickets to area attractions? This is the place to go. Day trips originate here, the indoor and outdoor pools are managed from this office and the people who work here are just so nice.


The top guy, the head honcho, the boss….Al, what a character he is. A great sense of humor doesn’t even begin to describe what this guy is all about.


While I was extending our stay our conversation turned to Camp Hosts and he happened to mention that they just had a couple cancel out on their summer position. My ears perked right up. I asked if they filled it yet and he said he didn’t know and wanted to know if we would be interested. I said that Bob and I would have to talk about it and I’d let him know. Actually, Bob and I had already talked about it because we really like this area and there is so much to see and do here. We left it at he would find out if it was still available and let us know. We should know tomorrow.


We took a ride over to the Base Exchange (BX) to check it out. On the way we took notice that spring has not come to this area as yet. The trees are still bare.


IMG_8264


It was actually pretty warm today, we had shorts on for a change. I did some checking on the weather in this area and the average summer temperature is 86 degrees with humidity around 30%. Sounds good to me!

No comments: