Friday, January 20, 2012

1/20/2012 It Was Too Good To Be True

The last several weeks everyone in this park has been sick with the TEXAS CRUD as its known in these parts.


A hacking cough, sore throats, runny noses, chills, aches and just a miserable feeling all the way around. It would come and go, one would feel lousy for a few days then feel good. Before said person could say, “Whew, glad that’s over.” it was back with a vengeance.


I didn’t get it! Everyone around me did and they all swore I was the carrier because I was still healthy. Not anymore. I woke up this morning with a throat so raw I could hardly swallow. Muscles and joints hurt and I had that hacking cough. This is not gonna be fun.


My friend Toni would ask, “How come you aren’t getting the Texas Crud and my quick answer was, “Because I drink Pepsi!” Now think about this. I had my last Pepsi Wednesday morning and sometime late Thursday or early Friday I get struck down in my tracks.


Maybe it’s a sign….ya think?


A frequent reader, Michael, wrote in and asked if I could drink Pepsi’s in moderation. I’ve tried that before Michael. Maybe in time I can but right now I have to get past this sugar addiction. I’m hoping the next time I have one I will find it too sweet and just won’t want to drink them.


I am making Crystal Light by the half gallon pitcher twice a day. I just have to tell you, I never thought anybody could pee so much! I can’t even look at the bathroom door without having to suddenly go. I’m hoping this passes quickly because quite frankly it’s a pain in the butt.


Frequent reader Jackie,,,thanks so much for your words of encouragement and good luck to you on cutting down on your coffee.


Frequent reader (and fellow workamper and friend)Toni, in answer to your comment on the last post I have this to say. Toni, Toni, Toni, hell will freeze over before I stand in front of Coke machine and cry. Only If I have no other choice, like in a restaurant, do I willingly drink a Coke. Besides the corner store is right across the street and they always have a good supply of Pepsi’s.

No comments: