Saturday, January 28, 2012

1/28/2012 We Missed the Whole Thing!

I have been looking forward the 75th Texas Citrus Festival for the last month or so. It wasn’t just a one day thing it actually spanned two weeks and we didn’t see any of it! None. Nada. Zilch! I am sooo disappointed.


Some events were scheduled when we were also scheduled to work. Other days Bob or I were sick. Now today, the finale, the big party, the huge parade and Bob is back down again.


This Texas Crud is just going to keep going back and forth, I can see it now.


I felt well enough to at least go to the parade but it did get kind of chilly when a cold front came through and it was quite windy. However, there was no way Bob was going.


At least I got to see the float that Mission Bell/Trade Winds had in the parade.


We got up to go to work this morning and I knew that the final touches would be added to the float so I grabbed my camera on the way out the door.


Sure enough, the decorating crew was hard at work. The float has a definite Mardi Gras theme.


IMG_0362


IMG_0364


This took a lot of fruit and a lot of slicing!


IMG_0365


IMG_0366


IMG_0367


I think they did a wonderful job on the float.


IMG_0368


IMG_0369


What’s Mardi Gras without masks and beads?


IMG_0370


IMG_0373


Kudo’s to the decorating committee!


Bob woke up with a sore throat this morning and is feeling worse by the minute. I’ll be so glad when this work shift is over! We both need to totally rest.


While we were out I took notice of these yellow Texas roses.


IMG_0375


IMG_0376


These blossoms are so incredibly fragrant!


IMG_0380


They sure do grow the trees in a strange way here.


IMG_0381


The float was ready for the parade.


IMG_0383


Our Queen,,,Margie. Sitting with her is Scott our park manager as Margie lost her husband a few months ago.


IMG_0386


If only we could have seen the parade.

No comments: