Thursday, May 2, 2013

5/2/2013 Things Are Starting To Move!

(Tucson, AZ)

We got service bay time today and a big problem has been fixed!  Finally.  The “brains” of our hydraulic system was replaced and now our slides and landing gear won’t operate on their own anymore.   Trust me, this is a good thing.

Now, that said, not everything is hunky-dory.  No, not by a long shot.  The arm, or ram, as they call it was ordered and it arrived.  That’s a good thing right?  Well, I would have to agree.  However,  you know there is always a however when it comes to getting things repaired.  The wrong ram was sent.  Was the wrong one ordered?  Was the wrong one sent?  At this point I don’t even care anymore.  I was assured that it would be re-ordered and it would be sent overnight.  Being the doubting Thomasina that I am now, I called the company to find out if it was ordered and is it, in fact, being shipped overnight.  I got a yes answer to both.

There was some other work that the parts were in for and it was decided that we would stay in the service area overnight so that the rig could be there for the morning.  Thinking about the heat and the weekend coming it was decided we would move back to the lot because our service tech said that what he had to do could be done in our spot there.  People who have Monday morning appointments come in on Friday afternoons and we certainly didn’t want to lose our spot with its 50 amp service.

We are scheduled for the body shop on Monday through Wednesday for an area that the finish isn’t top notch.  Heck, we’re here, we might as well get it fixed!

I made it perfectly clear that I wanted the rig back in the service bay on Thursday to put the ram in since it will be here by then.  I received no resistance for that request.  I really didn’t think I would.

So things are moving, things are getting done.  Bob is relieved that I have taken over this task as are the workers here, if the truth be told.  They we don’t see the light at the end of the tunnel yet I think we’re at least heading the bend.

No comments: