Sunday, May 5, 2013

5/4-5/2013 I Can’t Think Of A Name for This Post

(Tucson, AZ)

Late Saturday morning I had a conversation with Bob that went something like this.

Me:  Did you wash this while I was away?
Bob:  No.
Me:  Did you wash that while I was away?
Bob:  No.
Me:  What about this?
Bob:  Once…maybe twice.
Me:  What about that? 
Bob:  Hmmm….probably not as much as you would have.

Well, six loads of laundry later….actually, it wasn’t all that bad because I was the only one in the laundry room in the Lazy Days Campground so I filled six washers and then dryers and got it all done at once.

The rest of my boxes that I shipped from Delaware arrived.  As I unpacked the one with mementos of my dad I held each item, pictures of me and him, his dog tags, a sweatshirt with Delaware emblazoned across the front that he wore and the memories came flooding back and fresh tears fell once again.

I talk with my mom every day and she is keeping busy with projects we didn’t get finished while I was there.  This is good for her.  She needs to keep busy.  When on the phone we talk about my dad and every once in awhile I hear that catch in her voice but she recovers quickly.  One of these days the two of us will sit down and have a good old fashioned sob-fest together.  I think it would do us both good.

I talked with an online friend of mine today and she had a very unique and special way of explaining  grief.   She said, “Grief causes temporary blindness... sight comes back, but the colors are different.”  I have repeated that to myself over and over again and there is so much truth in that.  Different colors…a new normal…. life is not and will never be the same again.  This is going to take some getting used to, that’s for sure.

Back to our RV troubles.  Our fireplace has a noise.  We know for sure its not the blower motor.  The service department says they don’t hear it one time and then the next they say the manufacturer knows there is a noise and there is no fix for it.  Uh.  Yeah.

Our problem is that since we’ve been here our air conditioner has started vibrating.  Really, really bad.  To the point that if I’m sitting on a dining room chair and the AC comes on my rear end vibrates. The leaves on my philodendron plant even shake when it starts up.  We’re told they have done everything the manufacturer has suggested they do.  We’re told that the manufacturer knows there is a problem but there is no fix if the suggested things don’t fix it.  We’re told sorry for your luck, you’ll have to live with it.  Now I know that if you know me that you are laughing out loud right now after reading that.  No, we’re not going to live with it.

So today I wrote to our 5th wheel manufacturer.  I laid it all out what the problem is, what we’re being told and asked very nicely for guidance.  I can’t wait till Monday because my buddy at DRV is always prompt in answering my emails.

Are you on Facebook?  If so, are your friends posting the most amazing sounding/looking recipes?  Well, mine are.  I made one of them Sunday.  Roasted Cauliflower.

roasted caulitfliwer

Oh. Em. Gee.  This was fantastic!  Very easy to make and after two bites both Bob and I were saying, “Oh yeah, this is a keeper!”

So, in case you aren’t on FB here’s the recipe.

1 Medium Cauliflower cut into 1 to 1.5” florets  1/2 C breadcrumbs (I didn’t measure I just poured)
1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese.  (I used the grated kind that comes in the plastic bag and I just grabbed two handfuls)                                         
1/4 C olive oil, I didn’t measure, I just poured.
Mix all together to coat cauliflower well.  Spread in baking pan lined with foil and sprayed with PAM.

Bake for 30-35 at 400 degrees. 

I was also making a meatloaf (1 lb) so I cooked both on 375 for 45 minutes and both were done.

I have lots more recipes that I’ve copied so as I try them and we like them, I’ll share.

Let’s see what tomorrow brings!


No comments: