Friday, June 14, 2013

6/14/2013 Euphoria is Short Lived!

(Tucson, AZ)

We felt so good when we went to bed last night.  Our leaks were fixed, our jacks will hold us up, we’re able to move on.  Ninety three days here at Lazy Days and we were finally free!

I was eating my bagel this morning when Bob went outside.  A few minutes later he came back and literally looked sick to his stomach.  He looked at me with this very pained expression and said those four words I never wanted to hear.  “We have a leak.”  I looked at him and all I could say was, ‘No!”  We both went on and on for a few minutes about how confident we were that this was past us.

Once I got over the shock I immediately reached for my phone.  I was calling Bob Tiedge of Lippert.  Of course he wasn’t there he was still in the air flying back to Indiana.  I stressed to the operator on the other end that she was to get a message to him ASAP.  She assured me that as soon as he landed and turned his phone on he would have an email with a message to call us ASAP.  I gave her my number and once again we were waiting.  Two hours later my phone rang.  It was Bob.  He asked what was up and I just said, “We have a leak and the jacks have fallen an eighth of an inch so far.”  He instructed us to keep an eye on it and to measure it again when the sun went down.  If it fell anymore we were to call right away.  If not, keep an eye on the hydraulic fluid and he would call us Monday morning. 

I’m a firm believer in everything happens for a reason.  God wants us here for some reason.  I just wish I knew why.

We had Ronnie over for dinner this evening.  Ronnie works here at Lazy Days and he and Bob have become friends over the past three months.  We had skewered beef and shrimp on the grill with potato salad and a garden  salad.  It was really too hot eat but none of had eaten much of anything through the day and we had to.

It looks like we’ll be here until Monday to see how things stand then.

 

No comments: