Saturday, June 15, 2013

6/15/2013 Century-Decade Mark

(Tucson, AZ)

We hit 110 today!  I went to the pool but lasted a total of one hour and twenty minutes and that was only because I sitting at a table under an umbrella talking with a couple.  Thanks to me they won’t be coming back to Lazy Days for service.  Actually, my story was just the icing on the cake for them.    They are here just for the day for service.  At least they thought so when I was talking with them.  After what she witnessed and what I told them, well who knows if they got out or not. 

They had been sitting in the lounge when they got tired of that and they decided to spend some time poolside.  She went to the service to get their bathing suits and when she went in she found Eduardo working on the closet door.  That  is all well and good, but it was the wrong closet door.  Never again they said, never again.

Bob and I had dinner again at the Florizona Grill here on the property.  We had one more gift certificate for two dinners so we decided to use them.

Our dinner was delicious!  The service was impeccable!  The perfect dinner.  Of course I was taking note of everything like I told the restaurant manager that I would.  I was kind of surprised at the end of dinner when our server said, “How did I do?”  The jig was up, she knew who I was.  I told her that I was surprised the manager told her we there.  She assured me she hadn’t.  I asked her how she knew.  She said that she recognized us from the original night we came in and she put two and two together.  I’m thinking she saw the manager talking with us or perhaps the manager just said something like, “Make sure you take good care of them.”  Anyway, she knew.  She went on to thank me for writing the letter and said they didn’t realize how much they all used the term you guys.  After they were told about the letter I wrote she said that they all listened to each other on the floor and they were all surprised at just how often those two words passed their lips,  Anyway, it turned out for the best because they all make a concentrated effort to use folks, ladies, whatever is called for.

No comments: