Friday, June 7, 2013

6/7/2013 The Wait is Over, We’re Getting’ Action

(Tucson, AZ)

We didn’t have to wait long for the phone call to come this morning.  By 8:30 we were talkin’ and feeling good about what we were hearing.

Bob Tiedge (tee-gee) called and introduced himself and wanted to know what was going on.  He made the mistake of saying to me, “Start at the beginning.”  So I did.  Oh boy, did I ever!  I didn’t leave out anything as far as the Lippert problems we had been having. 

He listened patiently and said, “I just got into the office after being gone for a few days and I need to look at my calendar to see when I can fly out to see you next week.’ 

ME: “I appreciate that you want to fly out here, really I do, but are you a mechanic?” 
HIM: “Some people like to think I am.” 

ME;  “Again, I appreciate your help but I would feel a whole lot better if you would send someone out who is a mechanic and knows how to fix this thing.  Enough is enough and we want to get out of here.”

HIM:  “Just give me a chance, that’s all I ask, just give me a chance.”

ME:  “I don’t really have any choice do I?”

HIM”  “I’ll call you Monday morning and let you know my schedule.”

ME:  “Ok, thanks for calling.”

So there we are.  Waiting. Again. Still. Always waiting.

Life went on as usual.  We decided to go to the base and get our ID’s taken care of.  It took us a little while to find the building we wanted and even longer to find a place to park The Beast.  We got inside only to find that we had an hour and a half wait at the very least.  An announcement was made in this very crowded room that anyone who wanted to make an appointment was free to do so and come back on another day.  Bob and I debated on what to do and finally decided on the appointment.  We aren’t good wait-ers.  We went to the desk to see if we could get an appointment for later in the day or even Monday.  Well, were we in for a surprise.  We were given an appointment for next Thursday.  We took it, its not like we’re aren’t going to be here.

We stopped at the store for a few things on the way back to the campground and settled in the for the rest of the day.

Our friend who left a week or so ago, Fred, called and said that he would be back on Monday to take care of some things with his rig.  We told him to plan on dinner with us.  We’ll be glad to see Fred again, we both like him a lot.

So, once again we’re waiting for a phone call.


No comments: