Friday, November 13, 2009

11/13/2009 They Shopped Til They Dropped!

My good friend LaVon and I met at the local Walmart and shared the afternoon driving from shopping center to shopping center, running from store to store in search of seven items that I wanted to purchase. I got two. Just two. I am not a good shopper. I don’t like it, I wish I never had to do it. Except grocery shopping, I could do that everyday if the truth be told.

So I will be thankful that we at least have new towels, our centerpiece thing-y for the table is now filled with fake gourds for the fall season and I am the proud owner of an electric scent diffuser that wasn’t on my list to begin with but I had a 20% off coupon that was burning a whole in my pocket and I had to buy SOMETHING!

I was going to buy some silk flowers for an arrangement in this really nice copper container I have. The lady in the floral department of Michael’s Craft Store helped me gather all I would need to finish the project since I’ve never done flower arranging before. So she helps me pick out the flowers according to the colors I mentioned and I’m just thrilled can't wait to get started on the perfect arrangement that I will surely create. Now I really never gave the price of each fake flower a thought until I got to the check out line and the lady started ringing them up. I had to hang onto the counter so I wouldn’t fall down! Whoa! Stop! Are these marked wrong(?),,,,I was hoping! Could this fake flower really be $6.99? And I have how many of them???? NINE???? Sixty three dollars just for the flowers and I need Styrofoam blocks ($6.00) and some kind of tape stuff ($4.00) to hold it to the bottom of the container….oh no, I don’t need to spend $73.00 for materials for a flower arrangement that could end up looking like a blind monkey did it in the end. I’ll have to go back when I have eleven 50% off coupons from next week’s Sunday paper. Quail Run readers, please have them already cut out because I will surely be knocking on your door asking for it.

LaVon and I enjoyed a delicious lunch at Mimi’s Cafe and some good conversation. I just love spending time with this special lady.

Bob had a day to himself and I don’t have a clue what he did. I think he did spend some of his time roaming the aisles of Lowe’s and Home Depot looking at material for future projects.

3 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

We did have fun! I still can't believe those flowers were that much. Ridiculous!

Peggy & Bill said...

I agree with the price of the "silk" flowers. Really! It's bad enough with a coupon - what a mark up! Maybe you could learn to make them yourself? Crafty? No,crafty I mean! Glad you gals had a great day!

SkippyMom said...

But is it really worth it to make 11 separate trips on 11 different days to get the stuff? [It is one coupon, per customer, per day and they are pretty strict - my friend works there and the computers are locked against that]

I say buy a really pretty flowering plant for the pretty copper pot.