Tuesday, November 10, 2009

11/8/2009 Desert is Still Blooming

I got a call a little before nine this morning and when I answered I heard, “It’s bloomin’”! I knew right away what the caller was referring to so I answered with, “I’m on my way”. Camera in hand I beat feet to Marlene’s place to get a picture of a cactus bud we’ve been watching for the last few days.

IMG_2641

As you can see in the picture above there is another small bud growing.

IMG_2637

Tuesday morning brought line dancing for me and then a game of horseshoes a half hour later.

I finally had to put the games behind me and do some serious laundry washing. I put my all into this task I hope to tell you! I pulled our laundry wagon lugged our clothes 300 feet all the way down to the laundry room, loaded heaved the heavy clothes into three machines, poured the pre-measured and divided into individual baggies laundry soap, added quarters had to get change and count out the correct amount of American coin currency and turned the knob. I was exhausted! There was no way I was going to be able to make the hike 300 feet back to the house so I forced myself to lay at the pool while our clothes were washing. A half hour later I was back at the task. You don’t think those clothes jumped from the washer to the dryer all by themselves do you? NO! I had to get out of my lounge chair, make the 50 foot trek to the laundry room, shake the clothes out, throw them in the machine, add more American coin currency and push the button and forced myself to return to the pool area. Whew, I’m glad I only have to do this once a week!

It’s still quite warm here. This was taken around 3:30 or so and remember, this is in the shade.

IMG_2642

The wheels in Bob’s head have been turning so much I swear I see smoke sometimes. He has been measuring this and measuring that and drawing plans and making material lists like there is no tomorrow. And he’s happy as a clam.

2 comments:

LaVon Baker said...

Gorgeous cactus flower.

OK, you poor thing. I'm exhausted just reading about your laundry task. Whew. Too bad you're not as happy as Bob is working on his projects. LOL

Hey, there's water back in your pool?

Peggy & Bill said...

Girl, I like the way you do laundry! You & I would get along just great! Now if we could just find someone to put them from the washer to the dryer, we'd have it made! I jump in the pool during dryer time!