Saturday, November 14, 2009

12/14/2009 Oh No! Am I a SHOPAHOLIC Now???

I was up before the alarm went off today. I didn’t want to be late so I set it just in case even though most days I’m at six anyway. UP but not necessarily out of bed.

I went garage/yard sale shopping today. I’m looking for big outdoor flower pots. That’s all I want. Repeat, that’s all I want.

I met up with Marlene and Bonnie and we went to the bigger homes in Arizona City, situated around the lake. There were a good amount of families participating in this community sale. We felt like we really lucked out when we would hit two next door neighbors that were participating and another neighbor across the street. Triple play!

Now remember, I was only looking for big outdoor flower pots. Here’s what I got:

2 – outdoor flower pots $2.00

12 – novels, hardback and paperback $5.75

1 – fish/veggie grilling basket still in original wrapping $ .50

3 strings of red, white and blue lights shaped like stars, two still in original wrapping $ .75

1 – very nice, hard sided, document keeper/filing container, brand new $2.00

1 – golf club – putter for mini golf, just the right size $4.00

3 – Taste of Home Yearbook Cookbooks,,,,TWENTY FIVE CENTS EACH! $.75

3 – Taste of Home Yearbook Cookbooks ,,, 3 for 2 $2.00

1 – Fondue Pot with 10 forks $2.00

1 – brand new springform pan for cheese cakes $.50

1 – Chinese fan hat DON’T ASK! $.50

1 – Quilting bag Don’t ask about this either, I don’t quilt $2.00

4 – tote bags for the grocery store $1.00

2 – paperback books for great nephews $.25

4 pcs of art supplies for neighbor $3.00

1 – Brand new, still sealed puzzle I’m sending to MOM $.50

TOTAL: $27.50 minus $3.00 that was given back by neighbor for art supplies.

Good buys = $24.50

GREAT time with FRIENDS PRICELESS!

It was cloudy while we were out this morning for the most part and once we got home around noon or so and got the truck unloaded….

IMG_2652

and we were all settled once again, the skies just opened up and it POURED! Now normally, that would be no big deal anywhere else but there hasn’t been rain in this area for a long, long time and the ground is as hard as rock. The water had nowhere to go since the ground couldn’t absorb it fast enough. The roads flooded in no time at all. One good thing came out of it. The air smelled so good since all the dust in the air settled. It smelled so clean.

I got a load of towels done later in the day and Bonnie, above, right, came lookin’ for me to go with her to try to find a yard sale house we were at because she decided she did in fact want the two Bose speakers for $25.00 after all. We couldn’t find the house, darn it. We had been on so many roads and after a few turns we just couldn’t remember how we got to the house in question. Oh well, I guess she wasn’t meant to have them.

Our friend Richard, a fellow we met here while working in Activities two years ago, came to visit and spent some time with us. We’ll see lots of him this winter we hope.

Bob is still knee deep in electrical wires but of a different sort now. He’s trying to get all the wires going to the TV, the satellite box, the park cable wires, the wires for the DVD player and the CD player all sorted and wrapped together so it doesn’t look like a complete mess and we at least have an idea of what wire goes to what component. I’m glad its him doing it and not me!

All in all,,,,a pretty good day in the desert.

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

You really hit the Jack Pot with your garage sale finds! Great fun!