Wednesday, November 25, 2009

11/25/2009 MOVE OVER MINNESOTA FATS….

ARIZONA SNOOKIE IS MOVIN’ IN!

Our friend, Richard, is coming over this afternoon and will have dinner with us so I put a roast with all the trimmings in the crock pot this morning. We met Richard here two years ago when we were all working in Activities together.

Bob worked on another window, helped Don with a leaking problem he has and helped Bill with the lights on his golf cart. I don’t think Bob ever has nothing to do and he loves it that way!

We found out who one of our new readers is. Karen from Wisconsin, welcome new friend! She found the blog listed on our friends, Skip and Cindy's site and also saw us listed on Hitchitch.com. She read about our Alaska trip and then decided to go back to the beginning. We're always glad to find out who's reading. We hope you enjoy the trip Karen !

Trying to while away the afternoon I walked over to the pool hall and played two games by myself. You should have seen the shots I made! I just simply amazed myself! Of course I was by myself so there was no one to witness my magic with that pool stick,,,,guess you’ll just have to believe me when I tell you that I would have made pool hall legend,Minnesota Fats, proud. Oh yeah, he would have been simply awed when I called the brown striped ball to go in the far right corner pocket and the solid blue one went into the side pocket instead. I’m sure he would have understood that it was just a slip of the tongue and that I MEANT to call solid blue in the side pocket.

Ya know, us pool sharks just can’t be bothered with mundane things like calling which pocket the ball is going to go into. We are much too busy with judging distance, velocity, figuring where to hit the ball…..high or low,,,,and figuring how hard to hit the cue ball. My personal choices are easy, medium hard and slam it home. To ask a pool shark, such as myself, where the ball is going is just too much. Frankly, as far as my own ability to call the pocket is concerned I am a whiz, I call it most of the time, oh heck, I SUCK AT IT! I don’t know where the damn ball is going! At this point in time I don’t even know if I’m gonna hit the ball I’m lookin’ at and aimin’ for.

Maybe it’s a bit too soon yet to start calling myself Arizona Snookie. Ya think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi our names are scott and amanda leach. we are from paris ky and have been reading your bialog for a while. we are dreamers waiting to retire and travel and see the world or atleast the usa! just stopping by to say that you inspire us and have a wonderful thanksgiving and christmas to come! if you have any advice please feel free to email at (removed) thanks and have a safe and happy holiday!

LaVon Baker said...

You had me going for a while there! But I'm pretty easily reeled in. LOL.
How cool! Readers from KY just enjoying your journey!

Peggy & Bill said...

Loved the pool story!