Sunday, November 29, 2009

11/27-28/2009 Craft Sale

Did you go out and brave the crowds on Black Friday. NOT ME! Oh sure, I saw some things in the ads that were good buys but none so good that I was willing to risk, life, limb and a truck fender for. I can wait.

Friday we didn’t do much of anything once we woke from our turkey induced comas. It was a lazy day. I ventured out for a short bit to go visit Marlene but that was about the extent of it. I don’t know if Bob went out at all.

Saturday brought the Craft Fair and Bake Sale to the park. I have to say it wasn’t as good this year as the past two years. I think it was the day it was held on. Many from the park were away for the Thanksgiving holiday, there are still some that have yet to arrive but will be coming in soon and the vendors just didn’t sign up like in years past. Again, I think a different date would have been better suited. I had scheduled this last year when I was the Activities Director but I guess the powers to be thought it best to change the date. The turnout just wasn’t here and its a shame because a lot of work goes into this.

Here are some of the tables that were here.

Our friend Carol makes jewelry and she did quite well with her clearance sale as she wanted to get rid of some inventory. I bought a bracelet and three necklaces. She’s changing the clasps for me so when I get them I’ll be sure to share a picture of them. She makes some very nice jewelry!

IMG_2683

This lady is a winter resident here in the park and sold Novelty Nuts and gourd birdhouses.

IMG_2684

IMG_2688

IMG_2685

IMG_2686

IMG_2687

Ahhh..the potato bag lady. I have two of these little treasures and just love them! Potatoes in the microwave come out perfect every time when cooked in one of these bags.

IMG_2690

She added something new to her line this year. Curling iron covers/carriers. They are lined with burn proof material so there is no need to wait for it cool down.

IMG_2689

If anybody wants one of these or a potato bag….let me know, I can get it for you.

The plastic canvas lady certainly keeps busy making her inventory!

IMG_2691

Our friend Lorraine is quite the artist and set up a table for this year’s sale.

IMG_2692

Jane and Phyllis keep busy with their crafts through the summer months.

IMG_2693

Phylis’ husband, Jerry also keeps busy making these two tier shelves. Add a piece of glass and you have a nice little table for the patio or anywhere for that matter.

IMG_2694

Our friend, Dale, is also a jewelry maker.

IMG_2695

She also did very well at the sale and took lots of orders.

IMG_2696

It was nice sale and I hope all the vendors did well.

By afternoon the wind had picked up and dust was flying everywhere. I ran to the pool hall to practice some more. After the four games today….I still need lots of practice!

1 comment:

Peggy & Bill said...

Those potato bags are great. I have one. I do sweet corn in it too.