Tuesday, November 24, 2009

11/24/2009 How Did We Ever Have Time to Work?

You just have to love the desert in winter. Here it is the end of November and we’re still in shorts, people are still laying out at the pool, outdoor parties are the norm and on Thanksgiving our thermometers will show 80 degrees! What’s not to like?

Sunday brought a trip to town for me for my first manicure since last April. With us traveling so much this summer it just wasn’t feasible to try to keep up with my nail routine. My miracle worker, Christine, and I had a great time catching up on each other’s summer while she made my nails beautiful again

Bob has been keeping very busy working on our windows on the park model. Along the edges of the windows, sand and dirt and grit has gathered over the years and it looked terrible!

IMG_2672

IMG_2673

All this gunk had to scraped out and in that process the finish was a bit scratched so it had to be painted. Bob has been working several hours every day getting all this looking good again. I think he’s done a great job! LQQK!

IMG_2675

It makes the place look so much nicer. He’s got a few more windows to go and this project will be done. He’s always busy doing something.

I hosted my first Domino Diva’s Day on Monday. There were only four of us as Bonnie flew out in the afternoon for Pennsylvania for the Thanksgiving holiday.

IMG_2657

I made a treat for us to have halfway through our game of Mexican Train and if you ever need something sweet, this is really easy to make. I wish now I had taken a picture….next time.

Disappearing Cream Cheese Croissant

2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls

1 (8 oz.) pkg cream cheese

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon cinnamon. You won’t need all this so put it in a small container and save for next time. After you taste this,,,,there WILL be a next time!

Lightly spray 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Unroll on can of rolls, keeping sections joined. Press into bottom of pan.

Add sugar to cream cheese and microwave 45 seconds on high (or longer depending on your microwave) and then stir until smooth. Spread evenly on the crescent layer.

Layer second can of crescents over the cream cheese. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Let sit for 15 – 20 minutes so cream cheese will “set”. Cut into squares and immediately hide two in your secret stash place for later. You’ll be glad you did.

These were a clear winner at snack time! I wish I could say the same thing for my game.

Monday evening brought pool league for me.

IMG_2658

I am so not good at this game but I’m learning. I was teamed with one of the better players tonight and actually had a good night with Donna’s tutoring. She took both games but I only left one on the table each game.

IMG_2662

Some of the players take the game oh so seriously but most of us are there just for a night out with the girls.

IMG_2663

Ahhhh….here’s picture of what we call the “chick stick”.

IMG_2664

Marlene is such a good sport! I snapped this picture, just playing around because I just wouldn’t post this type of picture ordinarily but she gave me the caption for it so I’m going with it. She was wearing a pair of capri’s with Betta fish on them. When she saw this picture she said, “Oh, call that one……..”

BETTA BUTT!

IMG_2666

Poor Deanna got her days and games mixed up and brought her mini golf putter to play pool with!

IMG_2667

My good friend Janet taking a serious shot.

IMG_2668

…..and then there’s always this type of shot where we all hold our breaths until it stops rolling.

IMG_2669

I may be 0 – 4 for the season so far but I’m having a ball playing!

Tuesday morning brought line dancing again and a half hour later I was throwing horseshoes. Three ringers today!

This evening Bob will play his pool league and I’m hoping he plays better than me but he always does as he’s a good pool player.

So that’s what we’ve been up to for the past three days. Once all the winter residents arrive, the season will really begin and I’ll be posting every day again. Bear with me.

Before I close this I want to share something with you that the Xerox Corporation is doing and its something I think you’ll want to be a part of.

If you go to this web site, http://www.letssaythanks.com/ you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq. You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to a member of the armed services.

How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!! It is FREE and it only takes a second.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these? Whether you are for or against the war, our soldiers over there need to know we are behind them.

This takes just 10 seconds and it's a wonderful way to say thank you. Please take the time and please take the time to pass it on for others to do. We can never say enough thank you's.

Thanks for taking to time to support our military!

For you frequent readers, have you noticed how fast the stat counter is turning? I am just simply amazed….happy, but amazed! We have a new reader although I don’t know where he or she is from yet but in the last four days they’ve read 757 pages of the blog. We also have two new readers from Chicago and Lombard Illinois that must be starting at the beginning of the blog also. WELCOME to all of you.

1 comment:

KarenInTheWoods said...

Whew.. I just caught up! It was me!

KarenInTheWoods from Wisconsin... I first read all your posts on Alaska, then I went back to the very beginning to read your whole adventure!

I am kinda bed-ridden after a surgery here, so to pass the time, I went on journeys with you folks for the last few years. My oh my the places you been and things you seen. Thanks for blogging all of that!