Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1/11/2011 I Just Want to Talk to a HUMAN!

Ok, I need to rant.

I had to call the Pinal County Department of Motor Vehicles today. I know, I know, you feel my pain. Oh, what heartburn this gave me.

We all have horror stories about the DVM, I have one and I didn’t even leave the house. We want to get the title for the ATV registered in our name so that Bob can go out and play ride with the guys. I needed to call to find out what all we had to do. Now I understand the purpose of computer generated,, no wait, that’s not right. I don’t understand it. What is wrong with a human being answering the phone and you tell that person who or what department you want to talk to? It worked for years and years!

I had to listen to 2 minutes, 17 seconds of “introduction” before I was instructed to Press One for English. Oh no, don’t EVEN get me started on that! I had to listen to four more sets of instructions and had to press numbers one through seven depending on what department I wanted and for what reason. So I finally, FINALLY, get through to a real live person. And she promptly disconnected me. Oh. No. She. Did. Not. Do. That! Sooooo. I called back, listened to 2 minutes and 17 seconds worth of introduction, I pressed one for English and then pressed one through seven during four more sets of instructions…….again.

Once I was talking with a human being again I asked all the questions I had and knew to ask. Satisfied, I thanked her for her time and hung up.

And then.

Bob who was on the computer says to me, “This here says the title has to be notarized”. She didn’t say anything to me about notarization.

I called back. I listened to 2 minutes and 17 seconds of introduction, I pressed number one for English and then proceeded to press one through seven depending on what department I wanted and why. I got someone else this time and she said she was new and had to check with her supervisor and would put me on hold and would be right back with me. Fine. The very next sound I heard was silence. No recording warning against drunk driving or that the Motor Vehicle Department would be closed on Monday in honor of Martin Luther King’s birthday. Silence. Oh. No. Not. Again.

I called back. Again. I listened to 2 minutes…well you know. I had a human once again and asked about the notarization. I explained that we bought it from someone who just moved here and that it was registered in South Dakota and then she says, “Oh wait, if its out of state it doesn’t have to notarized.” Thank You.

So Bob had made arrangements for our friend Paul to get his trailer out of storage across the street because for some reason the ATV has to go through inspection. Who knew? He was supposed to get it out today but there is a motor home parked in front of it and he can’t get it out until the motor home is moved. The motor home owner knows he needs to move it but evidently has decided he’ll do it in his own good time. So no trip to the Motor Vehicle today. Perhaps tomorrow. I hope no more phone calls need to be made because I’m not makin’ em’!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to get you riled up again, but what do you want to bet there will be something they want that you won't have. lol

I loose it every time I have to call the phone company and go through their automated system. You almost never can get to a real person.

Martha

Tracy said...

I feel ya. What I do as soon as I press 1 for English is I hit 0 for the operator. The other thing that works really well is I don't press any numbers. The company thinks you don't have a touch tone phone and will connect you to an operator. Yes...a person!

On a side note. Love the new look of the blog.:)

Snookie said...

Anon: Just wait till you see what happened!

Tracy: I tried both of those things...didn't work.