Sunday, January 9, 2011

1/9/2011 A Can’t Leave the House Day

It’s chilly outside and we aren’t leaving the house. Not because of the weather,,,today is PREP day.

Bob is having a colonoscopy tomorrow so today he prepares. He’s gonna kill me when he finds out I’m writing about this.

He has to drink this ungodly amount a gallon of this yucky wonderful lemon/lime drink in a specified time period and then wait.

He didn’t get an instruction sheet with his 10 gallon jug and the mix. To tell the truth he didn’t even open the package until yesterday and now of course its the weekend and Sunday no less so we can’t even call anybody because we can’t remember what the cutoff time for food is. So he goes to the Internet and finds out that he is at the cutoff time RIGHT NOW. He decides he can go one day without eating solid food. This is gonna be a lllooonnnngggg day.

I offered to make Jello but he didn’t want any. Now I’m thinking, what the heck am I going to eat because by the time dinnertime comes I’m gonna be able to hear his tummy rumbling from across the room. Little did I realize how true this was going to be.

So Bob drinks his lemony lime concoction within the time period prescribed and the wait begins.

I made sure everything was taken care of while he was drinking lemony lime liquid by putting the newspaper, a Highways magazine and an extra roll in the “library”. Oh yeah, holding tanks were emptied too.

By late afternoon things are moving nicely and I’m thinking about dinner. I’m getting hungry, I haven’t had anything yet today.

I munched on some pretzels as quietly as I could and when he asked if we had any broth I jumped into action to find something for myself that wouldn’t be pure torture for him to smell as it cooked. Did I dare bring into the house a sizzling rib-eye, grilled to perfection? Nah, I couldn’t do that to him. Did I dare cook a small portion of spaghetti and meatballs and bake some garlic bread, a staple with any Italian dish? No, that would be just downright mean. I finally ended up taking a box out of the freezer and popping it into the microwave. For dinner I ate a box of brussel sprouts in butter sauce. That was just fine with me. Between the pretzels, the sprouts and my M&M stash in the bedroom I could make it through the night.

Bob read every article in the Sunday paper and Highways magazine cover to cover including the classifieds ads.

He’s ready! Bring on the scope!

1 comment:

LaVon Baker said...

Oh, bless his heart! (and other various organs)